Dokładamy wszelkich starań, aby odpowiadać na wszystkie pytania, które otrzymujemy. Niektóre z nich zadawane są zdecydowanie częściej. Poniżej znajdziesz listę najczęściej zadawanych pytań przez użytkowników StyleCAD. Skontaktuj się z nami, jeśli masz pytanie, na które nie możesz znaleźć odpowiedzi.
Will my plotter work with StyleCAD?
StyleCAD supports a wide range of plotters. These include plotters made by Algotex, Avion, DGI, Eclipse, Gerber, Gerber, Graphtec, IOLine, Lectra, Mimaki, Mutoh, and Neon.
We are adding support for new plotters all the time, so please check with us to see if a non-listed plotter will work with StyleCAD.
Will my digitizer work with StyleCAD?
StyleCAD supports a wide range of digitizers.
These include digitizers made by Accugrid, Calcomp, D-Scan (Investronica), Gerber, GTCO, Kurta, Lectra, Numonics, PAD, Polygon, Richpeace Hipo, Summa, and Wacom.
We are adding support for new digitizers all the time, so please check with us to see if a non-listed digitizer will work with StyleCAD.
Does StyleCAD work with the new generation of USB digitizers?
StyleCAD works seemlessly with a wide array of USB digitizers.
StyleCAD engineers work hard to integrate new technology so you can focus on the job at hand rather than on the underlying technologies.
How do I setup a separate cutting machine version of Output Manager?
though this is an advanced technique and requires extensive knowledge of Windows, it can be accomplished quite easily by a knowledgable technician.
In case a separate cutting machine output manager needs to be set up on the same machine where the plotter output manager exists, simply follow these steps.
Although this is an advanced technique and requires extensive knowledge of Windows, it can be accomplished quite easily by a knowledgable technician.
1. Copy the current OutputMgr50.exe file and rename it as CutMgr50.exe.
2. Double-click on the CutMgr50.exe file to start.
3. Click on Settings -> Select Device. Select the Cutter.
4. Click on the Cutter Configuration icon under Setting Control.
5. Select the cutter from the cutter model list. Click on Save to File so that the file output director field is editable.
Enter a folder name such as C:\Cut Files and click OK. The user should create the folder [Cut Files] using Windows Explorer.
6. CutMgr50.exe must have its own spool folder. C:\SCAD\Spool is assigned to the current Output Manager.
Create another folder such as C:\SCAD\Spool-Cut using Windows Explorer.
7. Click on Settings -> Program Configuration. Enter the newly created spool folder in the Plot Spool Folder field as shown in the picture.
Also enter a different Job Submit Port number such as 3799 to avoid a conflict with the current Output Manager.
Enter a new Program Title as necessary for clarification.
8. Right-click on the CutMgr50.exe file, and click on Create Shortcut. Place this shortcut on the desktop as necessary.
Right-click on this shortcut and click on Change Icon under the Shortcut tab. Select the cutter icon for clarification.
9. In Marking, select Setting -> Program Configuration.
Make sure the Cutting Server's port number is the same as was set in the Cutter Manager above.
Click OK to exit all windows, and restart both the Cutter Manager and the Marking programs before continuing.
How do I setup a Lectra Flypen Plotter with StyleCAD?
StyleCAD can work with almost any plotter used for apparel design. A popular plotter is the Lectra Flypen Plotter, and StyleCAD can take full control over this plotter. Follow these simple directions for setting up StyleCAD to work with a Lectra Flypen Plotter.
Frame Length: 14.959" (38 cm). Please look #2 if encounter problem.
Paper Width: 70.87" (180.0 cm) // 90.55" (230 cm) is maxium, 61" may also work.
Spacing: 3.94" (10.0 cm)
Parity: Odd or None
Stop Bits: 1
Data Bits: 8
To change the communication protocol from Lectra to CTS/RTS on FLYPEN.
1. Press VAL. ("VAL" means "Enter")
The screen reads "Mot de passe" (Enter password) 0123456789
Use the left/right arrow keys to enter 1994, the password.
Move the cursor to 0123456789 and press VAL.
2. The screen reads "Maintenance CNUM2.4* Language Systeme".
* If CNUM is 2.5 change Frame Length to 14.520
3.The screen reads "Parameters, Tests, Commandes, Etalonnages"
4.The screen reads "Pmachines, Pstylo, Pvitesse, Pconvoye"
Press down arrow key 3 times then the screen reads "Pdialogue, Pgain, Poption, Pcourroie"
5.The screen reads "Compensation elasticite: (Elasticity Compensation), Oui (Yes)"
6.The screen reads "Type de dialogue: (Type of dialog, i.e., Communication Protocols), Lectra"
Press right arrow key then "Type de dialogue: Lectra"
Now press the upper-arrow key to select CTS/RTS
7.The screen reads "Avance Continue: Non"
8.The screen reads "Pdialogue, Pgain, Poption, Pcourroie
9.The screen reads "Voulez-vous sauver (Do you want to save?)"
10.Press QUIT until the screen displays "Machine OK".
11. Turn off the machine and then turn it back on.
How do I setup a Gerber Infinity Plotter with StyleCAD?
Pre Requirement for Installation:
If any version of Sentinel Protection software is installed(most likely when you installed StyleCAD on to the computer), please uninstall it. The Winplot program will attempt to install Sentinel Protection software while installation and if any version of it is found, installation will not complete the software settings and won’t run properly even though all of the required files to the computer.
Installation process for software:
1. Open the installation Disc or installation folder likely named ‘accumark8.2.1’
2. Go into ‘WinPlot’ folder
3. Run ‘Setup.exe’ in WinPlot folder
4. Press ‘Next’ at initial installation prompt
5. Press’Yes’ at license Agreement
6. Either choose desired destination folder or leave it as default. Default location :C:\Program Files\Gerber Technology\AccuMark V8 Press ‘Next’after completing installation destination folder.
7. Select ‘Typical’ at Setup Type and press ‘Next’
8. Select ‘no, do NOT install Algotex’ at Choose Install and press ‘Next’
9. Setup will continue and when finished, it will prompt for Problem Enhancement and Report Utility application. Press ‘OK’
10. Press ‘Next’ at Gerber Problem and Enhancement Report Utility installation start
11. Select destination folder or just press ‘Next’
Default location :C:\Program Files\Gerber Technology\Problem Report\ 12. Press ‘Next’ at Confirm Installation
13. Press ‘Close’ when Installation Complete
14. Setup will prompt for GTLM Security application, press ‘OK’
15. Press ‘Next’ at initial GTLM Security installation.
You might have to open up the GTLM Security –InstallShield Wizard window from the task pane if installation window is hidden behind previous installation window.
16. Press ‘Finish’ when Installation Completes.
If you encountered any error message, it means you didn’t uninstall the previous version of Sentinel protection software. Please uninstall all the programs installed in previous steps and Sentinel Protection software, then, restart the installation process from Step 1.
17. Installation will prompt to load license files for AccuMark Program. Just disregard the message and Press ‘OK’
18. Press ‘Finish’ when installation Completes
19. Installation window will close and ‘read me’ file will open. You can close the ‘read me’ file.
1. Go to control panel of the Windows System
2. If view setting is set to ‘Category’ at the top right corner, select either ‘Large icons’ or Small icons’
3. Find and open ‘Gerber Devices’ in Control Panel. If you encounter error opening the ‘Gerber Devices’ it means you had error message during the installation process but disregarded it. Please follow the installation process steps carefully by removing all of the Gerber softwares and Sentinel Protection software from the computer. Most likely, if the StyleCAD software is installed before the WinPlot software, the Sentinel Protection Software that installed along with StyleCAD software is causing the problem. Please remove the Sentinel Protection Software from the computer before starting Installation Process of Winplot software.
4. Select ‘Gerber Infinity 45 (inf-45)’ under Type at the top right corner of Gerber Device Configuration
5. It will grey out all the fields except for under Settings ‘Output: COM 1’ and ‘Baud Rate: 19200’ Select the appropriate Com port and Baud Rate.
6. Press ‘OK’, then Restart Plotter Program window will appear
7. Select ‘Finish active jobs’ and uncheck ‘Advance paper when done’, then press ‘OK’
8. If Plotter Shutdown Progress window does not disappear, press ‘Finish Now’, then Gerber Device Configuration window will close
1. Go to Computer(My computer)
2. Go to Local Disk C: if you installed Winplot to its default location.
3. Go to Program Files
4. Go to Gerber Technology
5. Go to AccuMark V8
6. Go to WinPlot
7. Right Click on ‘winplot.exe’ and select ‘copy’
8. Go to the desktop of the computer and right click and select ‘Paste Shortcut’
9. Open WinPlot.exe program or the shortcut you just made
10. Select ‘Configuration’ at the left bottom of the WinPlot window
11. WinPlot Comfiguration window and a prompt for ‘Refresh Settings’ button to apply changed settings will appear. Press ‘OK’ at the prompt
12. Go to ‘Spooler’ tab at the top menus
13. Check ‘Enabled’, then select the Default Location to C:\PLT, If you do not have the PLT folder at C:\ already, please make one now.
14. Do not close WinPlot Configuration window and Go to ‘HPGL Files’ tab at the top menus of WinPlot Configuration window
15. By default, input Units is 1016. Change it to 1000. If this is incorrect, it will change the calibration of the plotter depending on the plotter driver you select in StyleCAD Output Manager software. For ‘STYLECAD MARKER PLOTTER’ driver we will be using, correct value is 1000.
16. Press ‘OK’ to exit the WinPlot Configuration
17. Press ‘Refresh Settings’ on WinPlot window
18. You can check if the computer and the plotter have proper connections by pressing ‘add’ button at the WinPlot software, Select and add any Samples PLT files at the default opened folder, then press ‘Plot’ button at the WinPlot software to see if infinity 45 plotter plots through WinPlot software.
19. Either put the WinPlot program in as one of start-up programs in the windows or instruct the user to open WinPlot program all the time or it won’t plot automatically.
StyleCAD Output Manager Configuration:
1. Open Output Manager Program
2. Under Settings menu, select ‘Plotter Configuration'
3. Select ‘STYLECAD MARKER PLOTTER’ under Plotter Model
4. Uncheck ‘Plotter’ and check ‘Save To File’ under Output Destinations
5. Select the ‘File Output Directory’ to C:\PLT
6. Uncheck ‘Auto Screen Pause (No Plot)
7. Change Frame Length to 3000 and Paper Width accordingly to use
8. Press ‘Save as Default’
9. Under Settings menu, ‘select Plotter Drivers’, make sure ‘HPGL’ is selected
10. Plot 30”x30” square to see if everything is setup properly and check calibration.
How does the HP DesignJet Printer connect to my StyleCAD system?
StyleCAD works with a wide array of plotters and printers, including the HP DesignJet series of wide format printers.
To better understand how the printer is connected to your system, please view the pin diagram below.
Numonics Accugrid Digitizer with USB connection?
1. You will need to install Virtual Tablet Interface driver (version 6.12 is the latest) that should've been included with your digitizer kit.
Make sure that you install the driver for Numonics Accugrid series 3648 (USB). It will be set at Numonics Accugrid series 2024 (16button)by default.
2. Plug in both the power cord and the USB cable (unlike GTCO-Calcomp boards, you will need a separate power source to run the digitizer even when using USB connection).
3. Open the digitizer windows in StyleCAD Grading.exe, select SETTING, DIGITIZER SETUP, and make sure WINTAB is selected in DIGITIZER SELECTION. Close the program to allow the grading.ini file to update. (Make sure you have the proper cursor button settings selected).
How do I setup a Gerber S93 Cutter with StyleCAD?
In StyleCAD Output Manager, select Gerber GGT 7200/7250 and make sure to turn off pattern annotation.
Setting up a shared plotter in a network environment with multiple users
In a network environment with multiple PDS/Grading users and multiple marking users,
it is very common to have one or more plotters that are shared among the users.
Plotters could include pattern plotter often capable of changing tools (pen/knife) or marker plotters.
The following sample cases represent the most common set up. Please refer to the situation that matches your configuration.
The variables in the StyleCAD setup are where the style/marker folder is located and how the folder is mapped if it is a network folder.
Setup Case 1: Submitting Marker Plot from PC1 or PC2 - Style/Marker folder exists in PC3 where Output Manger (OM) is running.
The user is running a marking program from PC1 or PC2 on the same network. The style and marker files reside in PC3.
The user wants to submit a marker plot job to OM running on PC3. The network drive mapping can be made to \\PC3\C: or \\PC3\scad.
* Computer Name: pc1, pc2, pc3 (OM runs here and contains style/marker folder)
Setup Case 2: Submitting Marker Plot from PC1 - Style/Marker folder exists in PC2, OM runs on PC3.
The user is running a marking program from PC1 on the same network. The style and marker files reside in PC2.
The user wants to submit a marker plot job to OM running on PC3. The network drive mapping can be made to \\PC3\C: or \\PC3\scad.
* Computer Name: pc1 (marking program), pc2 (style/marker folder), pc3 (OM running)
Setup Case 3: Submitting Style Plot from PC1/PC3 - Style/Marker folder exists in PC3, OM runs on PC3.
The user is running a PDS/Grading program and the Plot Manager (PM) from PC1 or PC2 on the same network.
The style and marker files reside in PC3 where the Output Manager (OM) is running. The user wants to submit a pattern plot job to OM running on PC3.
The network drive mapping can be made to either \\PC3\C: or \\PC3\scad.
* Computer Name: pc1/pc2 (PDS and PM program), pc3 (style/marker folder, OM running)
Setup Case 4: PM (PC1) submits style plot to OM. Style/Marker folder exists in PC2 and Output Manger (OM) is running in PC3.
The user is running a PDS/Grading program from PC1 on the same network. The style and marker files reside in PC2.
The user wants to submit a marker plot job to OM running on PC3. The network drive mapping can be made to \\PC3\C: or \\PC3\scad..
* Computer Name: pc1 (PM), pc2 (Style folder), pc3 (OM)
Setup Case 5: PM (PC1/PC2)submits style plot to OM (PC3). Style/Marker folder exists locally in PC1/PC2
The user is running a PDS/Grading program from PC1/PC2 on the same network. The style and marker files reside locally in PC1/PC2.
Therefore, OM computer does not have direct access to the style files in either PC1 or PC2. The user wants to submit a pattern plot job from PM in either PC1 or PC2 to OM running on PC3.
In this case, the plot submit must be done with the Copy to Plot Server option in PM. The style file is copied from the local folder in PC1/PC2 to PC3 local folder before OM starts plotting.
* Computer Name: pc1 (PM, style folder), pc2 (PM, style folder), pc3 (OM)
How to control access to plotter drivers
Please contact your local dealer for support.
How do I setup a workstation for use with StyleCAD Network Version?
StyleCAD Network Version Workstation Installation
*StyleCAD Version Net Workstation supports Windows 2000 or Windows XP only.
Windows ME/98/95 are not supported.
*Prior to installation, the user must create a network drive. The letter for the network
drive must be G. Please refer to Windows Mapping document to learn more about
Windows Mapping. If the letter is not G, after installation, the ODBC System DSNs created
StyleCAD installation must be modified. Also, all reference to G: drive in Program Configuration
window in all StyleCAD programs must be modified to the correct drive letter.
*Prior to installation, the user should know the name of the StyleCAD Server where the
software license key is attached.
*Windows Firewall can block the network key license authorization. Disable the windows Firewall or
perform Add Port (Exceptions tab) to add UDP port 6001. This is the port number used by the Sentinel
network key to authorize network license to the workstation.
will automatically start.
Configuration. Change the drive letter to C for Pattern Marker Folder & Plot Spool
Folder as indicated.
13. Open all INI files and add following info.
How do I configure Windows Mapping services?
StyleCAD Network requires a proper network mapping from the workstation computers to the server computer. The computers must have working network interface cards and Windows operating system installed.
Right-click My Computer, select Properties\Network Identification to find out the server computer’s full name.
* To rename the computer, click properties. It is recommended to use a meaningful name such as ScadServer or TrainServer.
1. Double-click My Computer.
2. Right-click Local Disk (C:), select Sharing.
3. Click New Share
4. Enter C and click OK.
Mapping to the server from the workstations
Right-click My Computer and select Map Network Drive…
Choose letter G for Drive and enter \\YourServerName\C for Folder.
I receive the following error screen. What causes this, and what can I do to fix it?
Automarker Socket Error
First, right click on the Network Neighborhood icon on your desktop and select "Properties".
Then, right click on Local Area Connection and select "Properties".
Then, left click on Internet Protcol (TCP/IP) and select "Properties".
Finally, enter your DNS settings, as well as your IP settings (ask your system administrator for information on what numbers to enter here).
2. The port number used by the Automarker server could already be used by another application. To fix this, the user must open the Automarker50.INI file in WinNT or Windows (for XP) and enter the following by using a text editor.
If 3707 does not work either, keep incrementing the number and retry.
You may need to reboot your computer for these settings to take effect.
How do I perform the StyleCAD Key Field Activation?
StyleCAD Key Field Activation
This section discusses how the user may purchase an upgrade for the StyleCAD program and activate the purchased module or a version upgrade without swapping the key. A typical scenario is upgrading the program from 4.0 to 5.0 or adding the advanced PDS module or the automarker toa standard StyleCAD system. The user purchases the upgrade from the local StyleCAD dealer, and then by entering a secret code received from the dealer (or SoftFashion USA) activates the purchased module on the StyleCAD key. This is called Field Activation and is available only to those keys shipped to customers after August 2004.
StyleCAD license keys purchased prior to August 2004 must be returned when the program is upgraded. The customer will be provided with a new key that will be ready for future field >activation.
In order to do the field activation, the customer must install the Sentinel 6.3.1 driver and the FieldExchange program. The Zip file containing both can be obtained from the dealer or downloaded by clicking here. Once the zip file is obtained, follow the steps below.
Installing the Sentinel 6.3.1 driver and activating additional license in a StyleCAD program key.
1. Unzip the fieldExchange.zip file. Double click the file. When the window shows up, there should be 5 files. Drag each one onto your desktop or a folder.
2. Run setup.exe by double clicking it. This should install the Sentinel Superpro 6.3.1 driver and fieldExchange.exe program.
Press the next button.
Press the next button.
Press the next button.
Make sure your StyleCAD key is removed from your computer and Press the Install button.
Press the Finish button.
3. Restart the comptuer then run the fieldExchange.exe program. In order to run the program, press the Start button on the bottom taskbar. Then move the cursor to All Programs buttom. This brings up another menu. Look for Rainbow Technologies. Move the cursor to the arrow next to it. The next menu shows up that says SuperPro. Keep moving the cursor to the arrow to walk through the next menu that says 6.3 and Tools. The Field Exchange Utility should be the first menu item after Tools. Select it.
4. Press the Get Locking Code button on the Field Exchange Utility program. It should display an alphabetical text string. Copy the string and e-mail it to either your local dealer or email@example.com
5. The support team at SoftFashion USA will send back an encrypted text string.
6. Run the fieldExchange.exe program again and enter the received encrypted text string into the text field above the "Update License" button. Then press the "Update License" button.
7. A small popup message "Success!" should appear. If this does not happen, contact the local dealer for further support.
8. Run StyleCAD. The purchased module will now be activated.
What is an alternate method for finding my computer's MAC code besides using FindMAC.exe?
Alternate MAC Code Discovery
Manual Placement doesn't work on StyleCAD Output Manager
Sometimes some features may not be properly enabled in Marking when using the network version of the program. This is typically a problem with the program's configuration and can be fixed quite easily.
2. Make sure your Output Manager has Pattern Marker Folder and Plot Spool Folder mapped to C:\ not G:\. This can be seen in the image below.
Please explain the types of intermediate grading points in StyleCAD Grading.
We now have 2 different types of intermediate grading points.
The user can right-click on any point to see the Apply Intermediate Grading option.
Under this option, there are two different intermediate grading methods that are possible. They are: Proportional to Curvature and Proportional to Distance.
The default intermediate grading point type is Proportional to Curvature, and this option will appear in intermediate grading as the image below upon grading:
If the user right-clicks on the grading point and chooses Proportional to Distance, then it will show up in grading as this image below:
This new option was added because the users need to able to grade differently in different areas of pattern. For example, the users can apply the Proportional to Curvature method for areas such as an armhole or the crotch area.
How do I set the default value for the Facing Pair option in Marker Order in StyleCAD 5.0?
Setting the default value for the Facing Pair option in Marker Order (version 5.0)
For Copy Pattern Annotation, the last setting will be remembered. This will be affected by the Insert Pattern and Replace Pattern commands because this option exists for those tools as well.
In order to set the default value to OFF for the Facing Pair option, add the following lines to the marking50.ini file.
Default Facing Pair Flag=0
The default value is 1, which sets the facing pair flag. [User Configuration] section should already exist. Just find it and add the Default Facing Pair Flag=0 below the line.
How can I prevent the pattern annotation from appearing (and being plotted) outside of a pattern?
Sometimes when placing pattern annotations on patterns (especially circular patterns with a hole in the middle), the pattern annotation plots in a location that may cause the annotation to be outside the pattern. This may be caused by the grain line crossing the hole area. There is a simple method for solving this problem.
Simply move the grain line to a location in the pattern so that it sits completely inside the pattern. StyleCAD tries to plot at the geometric center of the pattern first and if the annotation is outside the pattern outline, it tries the grain line location next. Making sure the grain line sits completely inside will ensure that the annotation is plotted inside the pattern outline.
How do I setup the ODBC databases for use with StyleCAD?
By default, StyleCAD sets up the ODBC (Object Database Control) settings when the StyleCAD software is installed. Sometimes it is necessary to manually setup the ODBC system in order to change or add a database.
Although the process is straight forward, it is also very specific. When following these directions, please pay close attention to the spelling of certain settings, since StyleCAD depends on the correct spelling of these settings to operate correctly.
2. If using Windows XP, select Performance and Maintainance, then select the Administrative Tools icon. Then click on the Data Sources (ODBC) icon.
If using Windows 2000 or older, simply click on the Administrative Tools icon and then click on the Data Sources (ODBC) icon.
4. Once the Add dialog box is open, enter the Data Source Name exactly as it is required by StyleCAD.
MyRules40 - Contains the marker list for all styles used by the user. This provides the quick marker info/selection list and contains information such as fabric yield, utilization, marker width, length, size ratios, number of pieces, creator, modified date, etc. It also contains the grading rule tables.
ImportRules - Used only by the StyleCAD File Utility program in order to import rules from a data base file received from another StyleCAD installation. After installation, this ODBC Data Source points to C:\Scad\ImportRules.mdb but could be modifed to point to another file. So in order to import grading rules from another site, copy the MyRules40.mdb file and overwrite your ImportRules.mdb or copy the file in some other folder and make the ODBC Data Source point to that file.
PatternSpec40 - Contains Pattern Specification data.
StylePDM - Contains the Cost Sheet information.
StyleLog40 - Contains the company information, customer list, pattern name list, pattern description list, etc.
PlotReport - Contains plotting history information.
NOTE: For this procedure to work correctly, make sure the data source names are spelled in the same manner shown above in bold. If there is a problem in the spelling, StyleCAD will not recognize the data source file in the software.
5. Under Database, click the Select button. A file selection dialog box appears. Select the desired database to associate with the data source name.
6. Now click OK or Finish to exit all of the open windows. If the StyleCAD program is open, close it and re-open it to start using the new database file.
How can Spyware affect StyleCAD?
With the amount of Spam and Spyware creeping into users' systems these days, it's important to know how these pieces of unauthorized software affect StyleCAD.
The best form of defense is to keep StyleCAD systems disconnected from the internet. Sometimes this isn't possible, so users might try installing anti-spyware programs. Although we cannot recommend any specific spyware removal programs, our users and technicians have found success with programs like Ad-Aware and Spyware Doctor.
Because of the way Spyware affects the user's computer system, StyleCAD's DLL files could be affected. We've received reports of Spyware and some Spyware removers to copy, move, or block some of StyleCAD's DLL files. This could cause StyleCAD errors such as the grading panel's disappearance or a corrupt ODBC database.
The user can take several precautions to recover from such a failure. First of all, backup your ODBC databases (the databases StyleCAD uses to store software information) frequently. This will ensure that a recent version is available incase the user needs to reset the database. If users find themselves with DLL errors due to Spyware, they can use their original StyleCAD CD to reinstall the software files. This will clear up the software from any errors that Spyware may have caused.
How do I upgrade from an older version of StyleCAD Network system to a newer version?
Updating to StyleCAD 6.0 from previous versions is quick and easy.
Simply purchase the new software, and you will receive instructions for upgrading.
Upgrades are fast, and very easy to accomplish even for a novice computer use
How do I digitize grading data?
Digitzing Grading Data
In order to digitize grading data, you need a 16 button cursor. The following images show the digitizer button setup window and the exact sequence of how to digitize grading data. The grading data for curve points need not be digitized in because StyleCAD's grading data blending algorithm will take care of the curve points. The black numbers represent the button to press and the red numbers represent the exact order in which they are entered.
A. Digitizing Internal lines
Step 2: Now you are in Internal Line digitizing mode. You can now digitize the internal line as you would digitize any line normally. In other words, use [Grading Button] or [Intermediate/selection button] for the curve point. When you are finished with the line, press the [End Mode Button] (usually button 1 on either 4 or 16 button mouse). This finishes the first internal line. At this point, you are still in internal line mode. You can repeat step 2 again for second internal line or proceed to step 3.
Step 3: Press the [End Mode Button] once more to exit the internal line mode. If you have the sound on, you should hear "Internal Line Finished."
Step 2: Now you are in drill hole digitizing mode. Use [Intermediate/selection button] for the drill hole. You can repeat step 2 again for a second drill hole or proceed to step 3.
Step 3: Press the [End Mode Button] to exit the drill hole mode. If you have the sound on, you should hear "Drill Hole Finished."
Is StyleCAD a UNICODE program?
Yes. StyleCAD starting from version 10 supports UNICODE. Therefore, the user can change the language of the program anytime without using the Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel. Also, the user may enter any language into any text data in the style files and marker files. For example a pattern name can have English part and Chinese part.
Does StyleCAD run on Dual Monitor Setup?
How to change the font and text size on StyleCAD V11 for UHD displays?
1. Go to Settings and select Preference.
2. Click on Set Dialog Font.
3. Choose the Font, Font Style, and Size.
4. For UHD (4K) displays, choose the [Large Toolbars] button in the Preference window. This doubles the pixel size of all the toolbar icons and will make it easier to see and select the tools.
5. The Grid Scale controls the scaling of all grids (spreadsheet like tables with grids) in StyleCAD. This affects Grading Panel, Pattern Chart, Browse Pattern Window, Marker Order windows etc etc. Try setting to 1.5-2 to increase the size of the rows and columns.
6. If QuickStep entries appear too small to read, try setting the size to Large.
7. If the pattern label on the display is too small to read, try setting the pattern label size setting to Large.
With this, you’ve changed the font and text size for all your StyleCAD programs installed on your computer.
Installing StyleCAD Plugins for Browzwear VStitcher
1. First update the license for VStitcher’s dongle to be able to use version 7.8.
How do I digitize internal lines and drill holes?
1. From the digitizer windows Setting menu, select [Digitizer Setup]. Select the model, COM port setting, resolutions etc. When the model is selected, the default configuration setting is automatically applied to all the fields. The command format below the model selection defines the expected button click report message format from the digitizer. You can consult the digitizer manual and configure the board to report in the expected format.
Can I run StyleCAD on a MAC computer?
What are the system requirements for VStitcher and Lotta for Windows?
What is the difference between the PE and the SE?
StyleCAD V11 PE (Pattern Expert Version) Option
Note: If your key is enabled as a distributor key, Control-Q switches the PE to SE
version. If your distributor dongle does not behave this way, email us and we can
program your dongle for this switching feature.
The extra features only included with StyleCAD PE version are:
In the Grading screen:
- The default grading tool supports the ‘E’ quickstep which automatically
grades the end of an internal line so that the end of the internal line touches the
graded pattern outline for each size perfectly.
In the PDS (Pattern Making) screen:
- Pattern Info Translation feature
- Segment Length Tool for sleeve
- Dart Tools to create darts on screen, transfer darts, blend
- Pleat (Knife Pleat and Box Pleat) & Shirring making tools including Puff Tool
- Tracing Polyline Tool (In V10 SE version, the Trace Tool has been added)
- Spiral Tool
- Curve Blending Tool
- Quick Step “B” and “BB” for blending curves
- Quick Step “DC” for automatic Dart Cap shape generation
- Quick Step “P” with the default PDS Tool for quick pivoting function
- Perimeter Tool supports the ‘I’ quickstep to compute the perimeter of multiple
sections where the sections are intersecting each other
- Use As Outline popup menu command
- Custom Curve Library feature. The user can save curves for future reference
- French Curves
- Block Blending Tool
- PolyBezier Line Tool – QuickStep “C” to copy sections from other curves or
- Flip Tool – QuickStep “DD” (Detached/Disabled) allows temporary folding of
a section to be edited
- 2 Point Guideline, 2 Point Guideline with 90 deg crossing guide line, Tangent
- Native Yuka file importing
Reasons for StyleCAD not starting up (critical errors):
Is there a manual for the QuickSteps?
Yes. Please download the QuickStep manual from the following link:
How can I download the GTCO CalComp driver and application compatible with StyleCAD?
You can download TabletWorks-10.10.53.4448 from here.
Import & Export Questions
Can StyleCAD import/export Gerber files?
StyleCAD is able to import pattern blocks (Gerber terminology) from Gerber *.pce, *.tmp, *.mod files.
A complete style may be imported from MOD files. The size list and grading data are imported.
StyleCAD is also able to import/export Gerber Zip files containing TMP files. TMP files may contain piece data or model data.
Can StyleCAD import/export Lectra files?
Yes, StyleCAD can import fully graded pattern data from IBA files and VET files.
Each IBA file contains a single pattern and VET file is analogous to a style file in StyleCAD.
Importing a style from a VET file is the simplest method.
In addition to importing IBA and VET files, StyleCAD is able to import/export Lectra MDL file format also.
Can StyleCAD import Yuka files?
The user should make sure each pattern piece is closed.
If the outline detection is having difficulty, assigning a different color to the pattern outline can yield a very reliable result.
I have system X. Can I import my files into StyleCAD?
StyleCAD is capable of of reading several file types for import.
These include DXF files, which can be generated by almost any CAD system, as well as system specific files such as Gerber and Lectra files.
StyleCAD can also import patterns directly from cut files and plot files.
What types of DXF files does StyleCAD support?
DXF pattern files generated by system X might not be the same as a DXF pattern file generated by system Y.
StyleCAD can import many different DXF pattern file types, including AAMA DXF, Gerber DXF, Polynest DXF, PAD DXF,
Lectra DXF, Asahi DXF, Optitex DXF, Tukatech DXF, Yuka DXF, Corel Draw DXF, AutoCAD DXF, and Assyst DXF format
How do I import StyleCAD DXF/RUL files into Gerber Accumark system?
StyleCAD DXF/RUL file import procedure to Gerber
2. Pattern Conversion Wizard. Importing DXF/RUL file is a 2 step process. First DXF file is imported and then the RUL file is imported. Select "Import Style" button to import the DXF file. "Storage Area" should point to the Gerber folder where you want the imported pieces to be stored. "Destination/Source Location" should point to the folder where the StyleCAD DXF file is located. Finally select the "Source File" to point to the StyleCAD DXF file.
3. Config menu allows some option settings. The following show a typical import parameters.
4. The follwoing shows the typical layer assignment and it agrees with StyleCAD layer assignment.
5. Click the Process button to start the DXF importing after selecting the source file.
6. If successfully imported, a message appears in the lower status line. In order to import the grading data from the RUL file, place the StyleCAD RUL file in the same folder as the DXF file.
Select the "Import Rules" button and select the RUL file as the "Source File." Press the "Process" button.
7. Each pattern in the DXF file is imported as a separate digitized file in the destination folder. In the AccuMark Explorer program, each pattern's digitized file must be 'Vertified' in order for the PDS program to open them.
8. Select the temporary piece digitized files and using the right mouse menu select "Verify" command.
9. A popup status window shows up and shows if the verification process was successful.
10. After the verification process, each pattern's piece data is created. At this point, select the piece names (type is "Piece") and using the right mouse menu select "Pattern Design" command.
11. The Pattern Design program displays the imported patterns.
Can I import StyleCAD markers sent to me from another company without a matching style file?
StyleCAD makes this an easy process so you can focus on working on the project, not spending precious time learning the underlying technologies.
How do I import Gerber Plot files into StyleCAD?
Please follow the steps below. They are broken up into two sections: "Gerber Export" and "StyleCAD Import."
1. Create a folder using Windows Explorer where you want the HPGL files to be saved. For example, create a folder on the C: drive called PLOTFILES
2. Start AccuMark Utilities/Configuration/Dos File Configuration
Plot File Type = HPGL
Plot Destination Path: Path must be set so that the HPGL files are sent to the correct folder (for example: C:\PLOTFILES\)
3. Outputting AccuMark HPGL files:
AccuMark Explorer/Choose the piece or pieces you want to convert. They should be highlighted in blue. Right-click over the blue area and select Send to Plotter.
The Plot Destination should be set to DOS.
Fill out the Annotation Table and Piece Plot Parameter Table.
Sizes to Plot: Type in the correct size. Then press OK.
Note: A major issue with importing plot files from Gerber is that their plot files often contain non-standard objects such as text and corner diamonds. To properly import these files into StyleCAD, it is important to disable these non-standard objects before creating the plot file.
Below are examples of items that should be disabled:
Part 2: StyleCAD Import
1. In PDS, select the working folder by going to File -> Set Current Folder.
2. Create a new style file by going to File -> New Style. Enter the style name and other optional information.
3. Select the plot file you'd like to import by going to File -> Import External File -> Import Plot File.
4. The Plot file selection menu appears. You can select multiples files from here.
5. Select the import options (see image below).
Select Gerber Plot Format. If the Imported Graded option is selected, the plot file is assumed to contain the nested plot of a graded pattern.
How do I import AutoCAD DXF files into StyleCAD?
StyleCAD has the ability to import AutoCAD DXF files directly, as long as the DXF file contains the standard Polyline, Line and Bezier curve commands. Other complicated Splines are not yet supported by StyleCAD.
Both PDS/Grading and Marking can import DXF files from AutoCAD. The instructions below apply to all modules, and includes added reference for importing DXF markers into the Marking module.
Here is the typical procedure for importing AutoCAD DXF files into StyleCAD.
2. Import into StyleCAD - Go to File -> Import DXF File.
3. Select your desired DXF file - You can import the file from any folder on your computer or on a network.
4. Select the Import Format - In this case, we're selecting the AutoCAD format.
5. StyleCAD processes the file - StyleCAD processes the DXF file and shows a report when the process is completed.
6. Save the imported file in a style - When using Marking to import a DXF file, StyleCAD asks you if you'd like to save the DXF file to a style file. If your imported DXF file is a marker, StyleCAD ads the newly imported marker to the style file that was just created.
How do I import Autometrix DXF files into StyleCAD?
Importing Autometrix DXF to StyleCAD
This section discusses how to export a DXF file from the Autometrix system in order to import pattern data to StyleCAD. This discussion is relevant to the following version. We have not tested on any other version.
Export using "DXF for Gerber (*.dxf)" as shown below
Run StyleCAD Grading/PDS program. Select Import DXF command under the file->Import menu. When the DXF format selection window is displayed, select the "Autometrix" format. Click the OK button.
When I import DXF files from AutoCAD, the objects' polylines are sometimes not joined. How do I join them?
Join Polylines in AutoCAD
Sometimes when you import an AutoCAD DXF file into StyleCAD, an object's polylines are not joined. This means that each line on that object is its own line, and is not joined to the rest of the object. This happens when an object is created in AutoCAD using lines rather than polylines. This can easily be fixed by following the directions below:
2. Select the polyline to modify.
3. If the selected object is a line or an arc, AutoCAD prompts:
Object selected is not a polyline. Do you want it to turn into one? : Enter y or n, or press ENTER.
If you enter y, the object is converted into a single-segment 2D polyline that you can edit. You can use this operation to join lines and arcs into a polyline.
When the PEDITACCEPT system variable is set to 1, this prompt is suppressed, and the selected object is automatically converted to a polyline.
4. Edit the polyline by entering one or more of the following options:
Enter j (Join) to join contiguous lines, arcs, or polylines.
StyleCAD now allows the user to do this within StyleCAD itself without having to go back into AutoCAD and running this procedure. This is useful when files have already been imported into StyleCAD, and the user does not want to re-import the files. In fact, StyleCAD's new method of joining polylines is more intuitive than AutoCAD's own method.
Step 1: Importing AutoCAD DXF
2. Select File –> Import External File -> Import DXF File to initiate the import process.
3. Select the required DXF file and click the "Open" button.
4. Select the correct DXF format and click the "OK" button.
5. Select the correct layer (usually the OUT layer, but may be different) and click "OK".
6. When the window asking "Process Internal Line detection?" appears, click "Yes”.
7. When the detection has completed, the "Rearrange Patterns?" window appears. Answer NO (in case the lines were not joined in AutoCAD).
8. Turn on the Fill option in the View Filter. If the shape is not colored (filled) , this means the lines are not joined.
9. Move the disconnected lines as a complete object by holding down the space bar and dragging with the left mouse button. This will move the lines into the best working position.
10. Zoom in and out as required.
11. Continue to Step 2: Joining the Polylines below.
2. Then right-click on one of the points to bring up the pop-up menu, and select "Join Polylines".
Importing StyleCAD DXF files into AutoCAD, pattern names with space cause error.
Remove space from all piece name in StyleCAD and this should eliminate the error.
How do I import CorelDRAW DXF files into StyleCAD?
Importing AutoCAD DXF Files into StyleCAD
StyleCAD has the ability to import CorelDRAW DXF files directly, as long as the DXF file contains the standard Polyline, Line and Bezier curve commands. Other complicated Splines are not yet supported by StyleCAD.
Here is the typical procedure for importing a CorelDRAW DXF file into StyleCAD.
2. StyleCAD DXF File Import - Import the exported DXF file in StyleCAD.
3. Ungroup Grouped Lines - Select all grouped line and perform UNGROUP command.
4. Join Polylines - Perform Join Polyline on separate sections to create the pattern outline.
5. Convert to Pattern - Perform CONVERT TO PATTERN to convert the joined pattern outline to a valid pattern. Select All internal lines and do GROUP.
6. Save As Original > Point Reduction - Save a copy of the current pattern as original pattern then optionally perform Point Reduction to reduce the number of points.
Can I import StyleCAD markers sent to me from another company without a matching style file?
Yes. Please follow these steps to do so. In this example, we'll be importing a marker file called 1_x.mrk by creating a dummy style file called 1.sty.
2. Accept the default sizes and click OK.
3. In Marking, select Open Marker from the File menu.
4. Select 1.sty from the folder you saved the file in.
5. Select Import Marker from the File menu.
6. Select the marker file you want to import (in this case, 1_x.mrk).
7. Click OK to overwrite the previous marker.
8. Select Open Marker from the File menu.
9. Select the marker named "x" from the marker list. This is the marker we imported called "1_x.mrk".
10. The marker is now visible on the screen.
How do I Import Lectra files into StyleCAD?
StyleCAD allows the user to import both VET and IBA files into StyleCAD. Although you can't import MDL files directly, the following is the method used to export MDL files from Lectra, and then import the files into StyleCAD. Please note that StyleCAD needs both the IBA and VET files in order to successfully import Lectra files. This is because the VET files alone don't contain the shape info.
In Lectra, The Export Garment control in the File menu makes it possible to generate from current model and its variants, the .VET and .IBA files that are compatible with other Lectra Systemes applications (LS MOdel III, marker making, databases, etc.).
The variants correspond to the garments identified as .VET and the pieces contained in the variants correspond to the BIs identified as .IBA. The exportation is carried out in the library defined by the Save Library .VET/.IBA control in the File menu.
To choose the garment exportation save library:
2. Select the access path of the library and validate.
To export a garment:
2. Activate the Export Garment control in the File menu.
3. Select the export options. The files are then generated as .VET et .IBA in the current library.
It is also possible to launch an input order for the plot by selecting the control Export - Plot in the Parameters menu.
In Lectra, the Model Validation control makes it possible to save at the same time the current model into model files (.mdl or .MDL) into garment files (.VET) and into BI files (.IBA) keeping a coherence between the files. This control is intended for the exchanges with the database which is warned of this validation.
The exportation is made in the library defined by the controls Model Validation Library and Garment Validation Library in the File menu.
To choose the model and garment validation library:
2. Select the access path of the library, then validate.
3. Activate the Garment Validation Library control in the File menu. The Lectra file selector is displayed.
4. Select the access path of the library, then validate.
To import the Lectra file into StyleCAD:
1. First, start a new style file. If the user attempts to import external files (such as VET, IBA, DXF, etc.) without first creating a new style file, advanced style file functions (such as saving, and the graphics toolbar) will be unavailable.
2. Go to File -> Import External File -> Import Lectra VET File (or IBA file).
3. When importing pattern pieces from a third party file (Lectra, Gerber, etc.), it is sometimes necessary to change each pattern piece's marker group. StyleCAD allows the user to change the marker groups for each piece at the time of import.
Please refer to the Marker Group Mapping KB section for information about completing this step.
Please Note: When a VET file is imported, all the pieces defined in the VET file are imported as well. Pattern attributes such as single/pair, quantity and marker group are also imported. The Lectra file's size list is also imported, and then assigned to the StyleCAD style file.
How do I change a pattern piece's marker group when importing into StyleCAD?
When importing pattern pieces from a DXF or third party file (Lectra, Gerber), it is sometimes necessary to change each pattern piece's marker group. Since importing and changing marker groups on several hundred or thousand pieces at a time can be cumbersome, StyleCAD allows the user to change the marker groups for each piece at the time of import.
By following these simple steps, the user can quickly and efficiently change pattern marker groups while importing them at the same time.
In our example, we'll be importing Lectra IBA and VET files.
1. First, start a new style file. If the user attempts to import external files (such as VET, IBA, DXF, etc.) without first creating a new style file, advanced style file functions (such as saving, and the graphics toolbar) will be unavailable.
Note: If using StyleCAD 6.0, the user may skip step 1 as a style file does not need to be open when importing files.
2. Select the Import Lectra VET Files option from the Import External File submenu in the File menu.
Note: The third column is typically empty when the user does not create a new style file before importing files. If the user opens an existing style file, the third column will contain the marker groups already in existence.
Once the new name has been chosen, the user can then assign the new name to one of StyleCAD's own marker group alias name (Self, Contrast, etc.). This is accomplished by clicking on the down-arrow button in the third column (demonstrated in Arrow 2 in the image below), which will cause the new marker group alias you just created to be associated with the StyleCAD marker group alias. This is demonstrated in Arrow 3 in the image below.
5. Please be aware that columns 2 and 3 are not related to each other directly. This means that you can assign any marker group from column 2 into any StyleCAD marker group alias in column 3.
As you can see, you can rename the incoming marker group aliases into anything you'd like, and then assign that new name to any StyleCAD marker group alias you'd like. We renamed the incoming groups as familiar StyleCAD names, just for the sake of avoiding confusion.
Please note that for this process to work correctly, all incoming aliases must be mapped to a StyleCAD marker group alias.
6. Once all selections have been made, press OK to save the selections and clear the window. The imported patterns will now have their original marker group aliases associated with StyleCAD's own marker group aliases.
Note: This process is designed to expediate the marker group change process upon importing the external files. The user may also individually change each pattern's marker group by right-clicking on a pattern, and selecting the Properties menu item. From here, the user may change the marker group for each pattern.
I get Delta Grade errors when I try converting a Polynest file into GPF for importing into StyleCAD
Since StyleCAD is able to import Gerber GPF files, many former Polynest users enjoy using importing GPF files directly output from Polynest. Polynest has a limitation in that if the user tries converting a pattern from native Polynest format into Gerber GPF, they may sometimes receive a "Delta Grade" error. This error occurs when the grading on the pattern is more than 5cm (2in).
To solve this error, simply reduce or remove the grading on the pattern within Polynest, and then export the file to Gerber GPF. Then import the GPF file into StyleCAD, and re-apply the grading from within StyleCAD
How do I import Gerber TMP (piece data) files into Gerber Accumark system
1. Store TMP file to a zip file
Select all tmp files and add to a zip file to archive them. -----zip file.
The latest StyleCAD V7 Export Gerber TMP function exports all TMP files and then
automatically creates a ZIP file from them. Therefore, this step 1 may not be necessary.
2. Importing the Zip file to Accumark
Open Accumark Explor.
File / new / Storage/TEST
Open TEST by double clicking the new folder
File / Import zip. ( Choose Zip file you need)
How do I Export Gerber Model with piece data in Zip file format (to be imported to StyleCAD)?
1. Select a Model
Using the Gerber Explorer, first select the model (style) you want to export. Then select File->Export Zip command.
2. Select the Export Folder
Select the export folder and then type the file name of the zip file.
3. Select the Export Option
When the Export Summary window comes up, make sure to check the Include Components button. This includes all piece data in the exported zip file. Without the option, the export zip file will contain only the model file data. StyleCAD would not be able to import pattern data in that case.
Process Completed message shows up.
How do I Import illustrator files into StyleCAD?
Import illustrator Files
StyleCAD allows the user to import illustrator files using DXF format.
Export procuedure in illustrator.
File->Export->Save As type (AutoCAD Interchange File (*.DXF)->DXF/DWG Option (refer to below image)
File->Import DXF file->Use the AutoCAD Format with scale factor or 1. You may have to adjust the scale depending on what the unit setting was in the illustrator.
Exporting AAMA DXF/RUL files from Gerber Accumark
Exporting AAMA DXF/RUL from Gerber version 8
In Gerber, we experience errors often when AAMA DXF/RUL files are exported. Because of these errors the Rul file if often not produced and only DXF file is produced. This DXF file will contain the base size shape only. So we recommend the GERBER user to use StyleCAD's Import GEBER TMP file or Import Style from GERBER Data folder options.
Can StyleCAD import/export Optitex files?
Yes, StyleCAD is able to import DSN and PDS files and export DSN file format.